[rpd] balancing operators vs other participants in the PDP - was Re: Last Call - RPKI ROAs...

Sylvain Baya abscoco at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 11:17:22 UTC 2021

Dear PDWG,

Hoping that this email finds you in good health!

...please see my comments below.

Le mar. 8 juin 2021 11:58 AM, Noah <noah at neo.co.tz> a écrit :

> Hi Jordi

Hi Noah,
Thanks for your email, brother.

> What I am saying is that we out to be responsible but that does not mean

> we must be anonymous.

...i think the discussion about anonymity [1]
is a foundamental one for this PDWG.
__
[1]: Anonymity & Profiling Internet Community Members?
<https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/2020/011085.html>

We should address it fairly...as it's not an easy matter.

What we should consider is always our core principles [2] :

~°~
3.2 Policy Development Principles

All policies are developed by the Internet community following the three
principles of openness, transparency and fairness. The Internet community
initiates and discusses the proposals. If consensus is reached on the draft
policy, it is recommended to the AFRINIC Board of Directors for adoption as
a policy.
3.2.1 Openness

All policies are developed in an open forum in which anyone may
participate. There are no qualifications for participation.
3.2.2 Transparency

All aspects of the Policy Development Process are documented and publicly
available via the AFRINIC website. The discussions are publicly archived.
All procedures that are developed to implement the policy are documented by
AFRINIC and are publicly available.
3.2.3 Fairness

The policies are to ensure fair distribution of resources and facilitating
the operation of the Internet. Actions are taken within a reasonable period
of time.
~°~

The challenged principle is "Openness"
...and because the PDWG should be always
open to new participations...the problem at hands
is tough and difficult to solve.
__
[2]: CPM section 3.2
<https://afrinic.net/policy/manual#PDP-Principles>

> With freedom comes responsibility.

...my responsibility is to follow the PDP while
participating to the PDWG's activities. ...i'll always keep preserving all
my personal
values, principles & beliefs. If i must
compromise it, then i'm not in a place
where i should stay...i agree! but if it might appear to be easy to
me...the opposite if certainly true for others... :-/

...trying to wear their shoes is a good try.

Have blessed thursday!

Shalom,
--sb.