[rpd] Updates and Code of Conduct

Ibeanusi Elvis ibeanusielvis at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 06:33:59 UTC 2021

Hello all,

Indeed at these difficult times, the AFRINIC Organization is doing all and
everything possible in good faith to resolve the issues and progress
towards the future and longevity of the organization.
Nonetheless, there has been a vast and growing number of questionable
issues which need an urgent attention. I am affirmative when I say that the
statement “AFRINIC is a community-driven organization with openness
principles babe bottom-up processes...” should be shown in the way things
are done and conducted within the organization and the community as well
and not just coming up frequently in emails.

Additionally, I don’t think the board should add extra people to the Appeal
Committee now; that would be an abuse of power if it’s not done following
the due process. They should be allowed to do their work. Sometimes the
questionable attitudes and the uncertainty that has engulfed the
organization makes it easy to doubt the functionality of organization and
the principles at which it is said to be constructed upon.

Elvis