[rpd] Policy Development Working Group co-Chairs selection

Sylvain Baya abscoco at gmail.com
Sun Apr 11 10:56:39 UTC 2021

Dear PDWG,

Le dim. 11 avr. 2021 11:11, Noah <noah at neo.co.tz> a écrit :

> Hi Sylvain

Hi Noah,

Brother, thanks for the résumé!

>>> https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/2021/012763.html

>> Thanks for recalling the context, brother.

> Yes it is indeed very significant for the new participants of the PDWG to

> understand the context and how we as a WG self organised and selected

> co-chairs in accordance with the timelines the secretariat posted as a

> result of the Special Board meeting held on 25th march.

> I have also noted some known participants of the PDWG lamenting yet they

> have all along participated in the process with some even suggesting

> changes to the criteria and guidelines.

> I mean our board director Seun Ojedeji a former co-chair was glad that the

> WG made progress and selected its co-chairs...

> The board chair SM on behalf of the Afrinic board which is mandated to

> call for a PPM as per the bylaws, has since confirmed the boards

> notice/approval of WG selection of its co-chairs per CPM.

Right! and our *interim* Chairs have said
they are ready!

Thanks and congratulations to the PDWG's
*interim* Chairs!

...then i hope that tomorrow the PDWG could effectively reboot with
discussions around DPPs :-)

> Shall we move on and take some lessons and discuss existing DPP that can

> help improve the PDP and PDWG process further.

Yes! too much lessons learned; by doing ;-)
...individuals ones and collectives.

i hope to see some new DPPs available for
discussion starting tomorrow...

Shalom,
--sb.