[rpd] Policy Development Working Group co-Chairs selection

Noah noah at neo.co.tz
Sun Apr 11 10:11:16 UTC 2021

Hi Sylvain

On Sun, 11 Apr 2021, 12:37 Sylvain Baya, <abscoco at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Before you jump to conclusions, I refer you too the archived post below.

>> https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/2021/012763.html

> Thanks for recalling the context, brother.

Yes it is indeed very significant for the new participants of the PDWG to
understand the context and how we as a WG self organised and selected
co-chairs in accordance with the timelines the secretariat posted as a
result of the Special Board meeting held on 25th march.

I have also noted some known participants of the PDWG lamenting yet they
have all along participated in the process with some even suggesting
changes to the criteria and guidelines.

I mean our board director Seun Ojedeji a former co-chair was glad that the
WG made progress and selected its co-chairs...

The board chair SM on behalf of the Afrinic board which is mandated to call
for a PPM as per the bylaws, has since confirmed the boards notice/approval
of WG selection of its co-chairs per CPM.

Shall we move on and take some lessons and discuss existing DPP that can
help improve the PDP and PDWG process further.

Cheers,
Noah