[rpd] On the practicality of eligibility criterion D (was: Eligibility Criteria for PDWG chairs)

Sylvain Baya abscoco at gmail.com
Sun Apr 4 18:35:13 UTC 2021

{change subject [1]}
Dear PDWG,

Hope you are doing well!

Le jeu. 1 avr. 2021 15:17, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ via RPD <rpd at afrinic.net> a
écrit :

> Exactly.

> A policy author in bad faith, in order to try to get the proposal moving

> on, can:

> 1. Withdraw from the proposal if there are other co-authors.

> 2. Drop the proposal and ask a friend to be the “author”.

> In both cases, he/she can still behind the scenes, work towards the

> declaration of consensus on this proposal.

Thanks Jordi, you are confirming that it's not as
easy to solve the problem at hand ;-)

It is very easy to manipulate.

> And again, where, in the PDP, it says that the co-chair can be enforced to

> 1 or 2 above?

...in this context, remember :

~°~
•c1| the PDWG is able to define these criteria,
without a formal DPP (Draft Policy Proposal),
only because there are no PDWG's Chairs...
•c2| the consequencies of these criteria during the
tenure of the next PDWG's Chairs could not be
enforceable, policy speaking;
•c3| the 'common' Plan seems to be to propose the
last version of these criteria as a formal DPP asap;
•c4| ...
~°~

Even if he/she agree on that, there is no way to enforce it. He can be

> dropped as a co-author in v1 and re-appear in v3. As said, it can be behind

> the scenes.

...this prove that criterion D. can not work during
this time of urgency. If we want it to work, a bit, we
should agree soon on a DPP with aim to:

"temporize any withdrawn DPP" :-)

or focusing to DPP [co-]authored by a PDWG's
Chair, with a proposition like this:

"Any DPP [co-]authored by a PDWG's Chair *must*
be keeped as is, at the start of the tenure and
*must* be maintained freeze until the end of that
mandate. An obvious exception is when the DPP
has been already sent to the BoD for ratification."

...again, the problem at hand is too difficult to
solved via a policy proposal...i hope this could be a
sufficient solution to completely solve the problem
at hand ; with a formal DPP :-/

Question remains: Could PDWG agree on it?
__
[1]: <https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/2021/012854.html>

Shalom,
--sb.

Regards,

> Jordi

> @jordipalet

> El 1/4/21 15:57, "Noah" <noah at neo.co.tz> escribió:

> On Thu, 1 Apr 2021, 16:26 Brice ABBA, <brice at afrinic.net> wrote:

> [...]

Best Regards !
__
baya.sylvain[AT cmNOG DOT cm]|<www.cmnog.cm/dokuwiki>
__
#‎LASAINTEBIBLE‬|#‎Romains15‬:33«Que LE ‪#‎DIEU‬ de ‪#‎Paix‬ soit avec vous
tous! ‪#‎Amen‬!»
‪#‎MaPrière‬ est que tu naisses de nouveau. #Chrétiennement‬
«Comme une biche soupire après des courants d’eau, ainsi mon âme soupire
après TOI, ô DIEU!»(#Psaumes42:2)