[rpd] Eligibility Criteria for PDWG chairs

Caleb Olumuyiwa Ogundele muyiwacaleb at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 14:40:25 UTC 2021

Hello Jordi,
Comments inline.

On Thu, Apr 1, 2021, 3:24 PM JORDI PALET MARTINEZ via RPD <rpd at afrinic.net>
wrote:

> Exactly.

> A policy author in bad faith, in order to try to get the proposal moving

> on, can:

> 1. Withdraw from the proposal if there are other co-authors.

> Sounds rationale but there could still be conflict of interest.

> 1.

> 2. Drop the proposal and ask a friend to be the “author”.

> Shows possible cause for conflict of interest.

> 1.

> In both cases, he/she can still behind the scenes, work towards the

> declaration of consensus on this proposal.

Still shows possible cause for conflict of interest.

> It is very easy to manipulate.

Exactly.. So if on chair recuse himself/herself does the CPM allows for one
chair to reach concensus without bias. My opinion is that if you have a
policy drop it. Literally, you can't eat your cake and try to still game
the system by having it back. That is why we have roles and privileges in a
system.

> And again, where, in the PDP, it says that the co-chair can be enforced to

> 1 or 2 above? Even if he/she agree on that, there is no way to enforce it.

> He can be dropped as a co-author in v1 and re-appear in v3. As said, it can

> be behind the scenes.

Again, It creates bias and conflict of interest.