[rpd] Selecting WG Co-Chairs: Was Re: Can a Consensual Decision of the PDWG Violate the PDP? (was: Report from Recall Committee)

Noah noah at neo.co.tz
Wed Feb 24 18:51:35 UTC 2021

On Wed, 24 Feb 2021, 16:33 Mike Silber, <silber.mike at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Taiwo

> On 24 Feb 2021, at 13:59, Taiwo Oye <taiwo.oyewande88 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Mike

> How many meetings (in your own opinion obviously) do you think a member

> needs to attend before he/she becomes an "experienced" member of the

> community worthy to contest for the position of the co-chairs?

> By your question you seem to misinterpret my mail.

> I do not think that there is any minimum number of meetings that a person

> needs to attend.

Though attending meetings would he an added advantage.

One could attend every meeting, yet sit in the back and update Facebook or

> stream movies …. rendering that person experienced at attending meetings

> but inexperienced at leading a policy discussion, building consensus or

> understanding the PDP.

that there :-)

> I think a candidate (personally or those nominating her/him) must address

> the question of experience when advancing a persons candidacy. That allows

> us as a WG an opportunity to make an informed choice of a co-chair.

+1 ack and we need to avoid the lack of experience on the part of a chair,
if the WG are to do some real policy development work going forth.

> A list of meetings attended may be useful but is certainly not a suitable

> criterion for “experience”.

+1 acknowledge.

Noah