[rpd] Selecting WG Co-Chairs: Was Re: Can a Consensual Decision of the PDWG Violate the PDP? (was: Report from Recall Committee)

Mike Silber silber.mike at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 13:24:10 UTC 2021

Hi Taiwo

> On 24 Feb 2021, at 13:59, Taiwo Oye <taiwo.oyewande88 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Mike

> How many meetings (in your own opinion obviously) do you think a member needs to attend before he/she becomes an "experienced" member of the community worthy to contest for the position of the co-chairs?

By your question you seem to misinterpret my mail.

I do not think that there is any minimum number of meetings that a person needs to attend. One could attend every meeting, yet sit in the back and update Facebook or stream movies …. rendering that person experienced at attending meetings but inexperienced at leading a policy discussion, building consensus or understanding the PDP.

I think a candidate (personally or those nominating her/him) must address the question of experience when advancing a persons candidacy. That allows us as a WG an opportunity to make an informed choice of a co-chair.

A list of meetings attended may be useful but is certainly not a suitable criterion for “experience”.

Mike