[rpd] Selecting WG Co-Chairs: Was Re: Can a Consensual Decision of the PDWG Violate the PDP? (was: Report from Recall Committee)

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ jordi.palet at consulintel.es
Mon Feb 22 09:31:37 UTC 2021

Hi SM,

I fully understand the difference between community and PDWG, precisely I was traying to put all them, to show that I believe, everybody understands that there are several (not just 2) "groups" involved in what we do "related to AFRINIC and the PDP".

Even if the situation is not urgent for you, it is for others in the PDWG. Even if this is only my case, I think it is important. So please, forget for a minute if it is important or not, let's stick to the wording of 11.4 and my question, and let me to rephrase them to exclude the emergency aspect:

Is the Board understanding that they can adopt policies only related to Resources or also policies not related to resources which modifying the CPM/PDP?

I've added CPM/PDP, because we can see in the CPM parts witch are "clearly" related to resources, others "indirectly" related to resources, and others clearly related to the PDP itself and not Resources at all.

Regards,
Jordi
@jordipalet

El 21/2/21 16:23, "S. Moonesamy" <sm+af at afrinic.net> escribió:

Dear Jordi,
At 02:26 AM 21-02-2021, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ wrote:
>No, my question is not about the CPM/PDP text. I think it is clear
>for everybody the distinction there between "AFRINIC
>organization/membership" vs "AFRINIC community/PDWG".

There is a distinction between the Working Group and the "community",
i.e. the Working Group is a subset of the "community".

>My question is about the Board interpretation of the Article 11.4 of
>the bylaws. Is the Board understanding that they can (in urgent
>situations, such as the one we are facing) adopt policies only
>related to Resources or also policies that not being related to
>resources but modifying the PDP?

I'll have to look at the minutes of the last Board meeting to see
whether there was a discussion of Article 11.4. I doubt that the
situation could be described as urgent. That is based on my reading
of the members-discuss mailing list.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy

Board Chair, AFRINIC