[rpd] Selecting WG Co-Chairs: Was Re: Can a Consensual Decision of the PDWG Violate the PDP? (was: Report from Recall Committee)

S. Moonesamy sm+af at afrinic.net
Sun Feb 21 15:08:17 UTC 2021

Dear Jordi,
At 02:26 AM 21-02-2021, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ wrote:

>No, my question is not about the CPM/PDP text. I think it is clear

>for everybody the distinction there between "AFRINIC

>organization/membership" vs "AFRINIC community/PDWG".

There is a distinction between the Working Group and the "community",
i.e. the Working Group is a subset of the "community".

>My question is about the Board interpretation of the Article 11.4 of

>the bylaws. Is the Board understanding that they can (in urgent

>situations, such as the one we are facing) adopt policies only

>related to Resources or also policies that not being related to

>resources but modifying the PDP?

I'll have to look at the minutes of the last Board meeting to see
whether there was a discussion of Article 11.4. I doubt that the
situation could be described as urgent. That is based on my reading
of the members-discuss mailing list.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy

Board Chair, AFRINIC