[rpd] We should be fair

Sylvain Baya abscoco at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 13:03:09 UTC 2021

Dear PDWG,

Le sam. 20 févr. 2021 à 12:38, Paul Wollner <paul.wollner at africaoncloud.net>
a écrit :

> Dear Community:

Hi Paul,
Thank you for starting this thread, brother.

I am writing to you just present a possible thought process based on recent

> publicly available fact:

> [...]

> 4. Chair of the board, without consent decision from the whole board,

...any evidence to support this affirmation?

decided unilaterally to request AC stop working based on the resignation

> alone.

...i think the BoD's Chair has said that the decision
was based on an interpretation of a governing text.

5. We see 3-2 vote in AC’s minutes.

> [...]

> For the integrity of the process and to be fair to all parties, I would

> suggest the following:

> 1. AC continues finish the currant appeal that is in process and publish

> its report.

> 2. Board appoints an investigation committee after above process is

> finalised and make a public report on the allegations. Since these are

> serious and public allegations, so should the results be of the

> investigation. We should take serious action prevent the said person in

> engaging in community work again. If nothing is found, we should also make

> it clear to the world that it was an unfound accusation and it was of

> malicious intent in nature.

...i and others have already called the BoD to do
something similar :-/
The BoD's Chair has promised to discuss with
PDWG's AC members...iirc.

> 3. If possible, AFRINIC should publish the recorded zoom meeting video

> file for the public to review.

...this should be only accessible to the investigation
committee, at least until it confirms that there is nothing
to hide.

Shalom,
--sb.