[rpd] Selecting WG Co-Chairs: Was Re: Can a Consensual Decision of the PDWG Violate the PDP? (was: Report from Recall Committee)

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ jordi.palet at consulintel.es
Fri Feb 19 14:52:41 UTC 2021

Can we calm down for a minute?

There was a proposal for 4 options. Forget for a minute I leaded that effort. There was a much higher support form the community for choice 1 and I think only 2 people objected.

Now we have a bunch of people objecting to a new alternative with a criteria and telling ourselves that if a rought consensus selections doesn’t work (A), we will fall back to a ranked voting (B).

Do you think with the current discussion there is any chance of:
Reaching consensus in the criteria
and then
Reaching consensus on the selection

Also, how we will do the voting (B), what is the electoral census?

I think now it makes much more sense to reconsider the discussion that we had until yesterday and no need for any kind of “transition chairs”. If among the candidates we can convince some of them to withdraw, then we have the same result, but we avoid needing to reach consensus “a priory” on criteria, etc.

Just thinking loud.

I still will be happy with whatever decision we take in order to choose clearly neutral chairs.