[rpd] Criteria for Eligibility or Selection of PDWG Co-Chairs

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ jordi.palet at consulintel.es
Fri Feb 19 09:08:26 UTC 2021

Hi Noah,

I disagree, it is exactly the same:

I “provoked” a discussion and the PDWG followed and then we reached consensus.

You “provoked” a discussion with a set of requirements and the PDWG is following it to reach consensus.

Be sure that I will contribute, don’t cut down the email that shows clearly what I said. We can disagree, but not play with words, that's unfair, so repeating myself:

Setting a criterion without a policy proposal and the subsequent PDP process is *against the PDP*.

Nevertheless, if this is the path that the PDWG prefer, because this is about consensus, I agree.

I will like to change the priority (make it a bit shorter also), add something but take something out:

Understanding of RFC7282.
Not being author of any of the actual policy proposals in discussion.
Active (not just reading emails) participation in PDWG. I think 2 years is good enough.
Clear understanding of CPM/PDP.
At least 3 years of experience in networking.

Asking to be a member is discriminatory. If we add that, it should a “wish”, but never excluding. I see folks that I believe aren’t members and are contributing actively and their rationales are very logic.

I think they should also commit, to ask help to staff or external experts when they don’t have knowledge in any specific topic before taking decisions and ensure that they are engaged with the participant discussions to clarify their position before going to take a decision “on-site” in the meeting.

Regards,

Jordi

@jordipalet