[rpd] Selecting WG Co-Chairs: Was Re: Can a Consensual Decision of the PDWG Violate the PDP? (was: Report from Recall Committee)

Sylvain Baya abscoco at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 22:48:12 UTC 2021

Dear PDWG,

Please see below (inline)...

Le jeu. 18 févr. 2021 21:17, Sunday Folayan <sfolayan at skannet.com> a écrit :

> Sylvain,

> You wrote

> *"10| Let's back to the PDP to do the only task we PDWG are allowed to do

> without our Chairs. Sunday, please can you handle the process to help the

> PDWG to enforce its PDP?" *

> Enforcing the PDP is not the role of anyone person. We all should be

> active and vigilant.

Hi Sunday,
Thanks for you kick response, brother.

[...]

> I still insist that the provisions of the PDP, according to the CPM is:

> *"If the Working Group Chair is unable to serve his or her full term, the

> Working Group may select a replacement to serve the remainder of the term.

> If the Working Group Chairs are unable to attend the Public Policy Meeting,

> the Working Group shall nominate a Chair for the session. Anyone present at

> the meeting, whether in person or by remote participation, may participate

> in the selection process for a temporary Chair"*

...exactly !

> See the word selection process there? That is what we need to define by

> consensus.

Agreed! thanks for pointing it out.

As a working group, we can select our Co-Chairs, by simply asking the

> staff/Policy Liaison to call for volunteers, and shepherd the process,

> reverting always to the WG for guidance, when needed (which ultimately

> defines the process)

> I like the proposition by Noah, specifically:

> *"Can AFRINIC staff and specifically Madhvi take up the lead and work with

> the WG to ensure that its following the CPM to fill the vacancy. I dont

> support the rushed work that was done here by Jordi since there is already

> claims of misinteretation. Please afford this working group time to self

> organise"*

...i'm ok with the implication of the policy liaison to ease the process.

> I urge everyone to adopt it, as a way forward with an Affirmative YES.

> Personally, I support the above CPM-compatible line of action.

YES

> Anyone can also propose some other CPM-Compatible action

....a remaining question:
Which model of *selection* y'all prefer?

~°~
• a selection based on an election (online) as usual [1];
• a selection through rough consensus [2];
• a selection based on ranking voting [3];
• a selection inside a group of selectees based on criteria [4];
• any other possibility?
~°~

Thanks once more!
__