[rpd] way forward on the PDWG after the Recall of the co-chairs

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ jordi.palet at consulintel.es
Thu Feb 18 09:09:18 UTC 2021

Hi SM,

The difference between a policy proposal and this document, is that the policy proposal has author(s), clearly stated in the PDP, in the template, etc.

Instead, this document is a summary of the discussions, so I don't consider myself as "author" as such.

Anyway, I've prepared v4 that states that (attached).

(I can't see the relation of the link in your email with the "secretariat" term that you mention from 2010)

Regards,
Jordi
@jordipalet

El 18/2/21 7:52, "S. Moonesamy" <sm+af at afrinic.net> escribió:

Dear Jordi,
At 11:51 PM 16-02-2021, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ wrote:
>I didn't consider appropriate to put my name in the document, if
>that's what you're referring to, because it is a PDWG work, I just
>tried to act as the secretariat for it, as I've indicated in my
>first email to the PDWG.
>
>I've added the date after the title, indicating version 3, even if
>the only change is accepting the two changes (typos) and adding that line.

Your name and affiliation are in the draft at
https://www.afrinic.net/policy/2018-v6-004 The draft was discussed
within the Policy Development Working Group. I don't see why it
would be inappropriate for you to have your name on a document which
you wrote. The affiliation is useful to assess whether there might
be a potential or actual conflict of interest. In my opinion, the
disclosure also helps to promote openness and transparency.

As a comment about "secretariat", Mr Aina asked a question about it in 2010.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy

1.
https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/attachments/20180706/25a87921/attachment-0001.pdf