[rpd] way forward on the PDWG after the Recall of the co-chairs

S. Moonesamy sm+af at afrinic.net
Thu Feb 18 06:23:12 UTC 2021

Dear Jordi,
At 11:51 PM 16-02-2021, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ wrote:

>I didn't consider appropriate to put my name in the document, if

>that's what you're referring to, because it is a PDWG work, I just

>tried to act as the secretariat for it, as I've indicated in my

>first email to the PDWG.

>I've added the date after the title, indicating version 3, even if

>the only change is accepting the two changes (typos) and adding that line.

Your name and affiliation are in the draft at
https://www.afrinic.net/policy/2018-v6-004 The draft was discussed
within the Policy Development Working Group. I don't see why it
would be inappropriate for you to have your name on a document which
you wrote. The affiliation is useful to assess whether there might
be a potential or actual conflict of interest. In my opinion, the
disclosure also helps to promote openness and transparency.

As a comment about "secretariat", Mr Aina asked a question about it in 2010.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy

1.
https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/attachments/20180706/25a87921/attachment-0001.pdf