[rpd] Report from Recall Committee

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Thu Feb 18 05:44:21 UTC 2021

> On Feb 17, 2021, at 2:47 PM, Marcus K. G. Adomey <madomey at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Owen,

> You wrote > I am one vote.

> when voting is invoked and voting right has been granted to you.

Yes, what is your point?

> You wrote >> One person. I do not single-handedly control the process here anymore than I control the process in the ARIN region as you point out above.

> One person, one voice, never supposed to control any process..

> Say your minds and thoughts, allow others to also express their views and accept dissent opinions and compromise. Welcome self determination

I completely welcome self determination. You are the one criticizing my self-determination.

I have never criticized your right to speak or tried to change your self-determination or anyone else’s.

> You wrote >> Why is it that you seek to silence my opposition?

> Silent your opposition? Never, but as said above, you are just one voice which counts like others, and you should allow and encourage others, especially those who live or are operating in this region to also speak and live with the outcome.

While I don’t live in the region, I do have involvement in operations in the region, so your above statement is yet another example of how you’ve gotten it wrong about me.

> Your opposition should not be a veto.

Please point to a place where I have stated that my opposition should be a veto. I’ve never said that. I’ve advocated my position strongly, but I’ve never stated that my strong advocacy should be held in any higher regard than anyone else’s.

> Enough with yourself righteousness

Please point to an instance where I have failed to allow others to speak.
Please point to an instance where I should have encouraged someone to speak their mind and did not.

I think you are hard pressed to find concrete examples of such a thing.

Certainly that has never been my intent. I may not like what you say, but I will strongly defend your right to say it.