[rpd] way forward on the PDWG after the Recall of the co-chairs

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ jordi.palet at consulintel.es
Wed Feb 17 08:42:16 UTC 2021

Dear Arnaud,

In my email on 11th (https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/2021/012299.html), I asked for other people to volunteer for doing this. I can’t find any email of anyone offering, so it is not anyone appointing anyone, it is a volunteer steeping in and nobody objecting. Maybe I’ve missed your email volunteering?

Otherwise, this is what we call rough consensus, and if you read the document, you will find that I’m not making personal observations or trying to influence anyone, even I provided the text to the list in case somebody feels that I’ve wrongly reflected their views.

Remember that if we don’t react to the email from the Board Chair on 10th, the consequences could be a total failure of this community, because the Board, in this situation could just decide to “do nothing” and wait one year for a new in-person meeting.

I tried to be as much neutral as possible, and that’s why I stopped having personal view on the list about this topic. I really sorry if you feel that I’ve failed on that.

I know the Board and staff is following the discussion, but please, read the message from the board:

https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/2021/012286.html

They really asked to the PDWG to find a way forward, not just to discuss about it and let the Board to “observe” the discussion.

I’m really sorry that you feel I did it wrong. I will try much better next time, as I always do.

Regarding the RIPE list, you should provide all the context, not just start a fire without explaining the context. If anyone is interested in that discussion (about the inconsistencies in some parts of our PDP, including that some co-chairs participate in the appeals even if they have been part of the discussion, and how co-chairs remain there forever and not encouraging new people to participate), should go to the archive:

https://www.ripe.net/ripe/mail/archives/ripe-list/2021-February/date.html, where you can find also that others share my view. Of course, always there is people against.

Regards,

Jordi

@jordipalet