[rpd] PDWG situation without co-chairs

Fernando Frediani fhfrediani at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 13:47:17 UTC 2021

Folks, let's make it simple, as simple as possible.

Board will meet next week. I believe they have no other way or option to
look other than organize an online election as it happened recently.
And for that we, PDWG must have people willing serve the community.
Preferably people who are not involved in the recent endless discussions
and that have two characteristics: 1) Have a fair experience with the
PDWG and CPM and, 2) Be able to appease the situation and conduct things
towards a more peaceful scenario focusing the group in discussing the
proposals.

I personally don't know any of the previous Co-Chairs, but if any of
them who served before and was never involved in any controversies that
person could make himself/herself available to serve for example, at
least for a interim and transition time.

Different from what some people are saying there is NO possibility
anywhere in the current CPM text for the Board to choose someone to be
serve as Co-Chair, even in such unusual situation. I find it a pity and
really believe if there was such option that could be a great way
forward and it exists in other RIR's PDP, but here in AfriNic it doesn't
exist so let's move over without this possibility.

Regards
Fernando