[rpd] PDWG situation without co-chairs

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ jordi.palet at consulintel.es
Fri Feb 12 10:04:10 UTC 2021

I didn't mention before this case (happen similarly in other RIRs), because there was no process in place.

So, in my opinion we can't compare it with the current situation.

Regards,
Jordi
@jordipalet

El 12/2/21 10:44, "S. Moonesamy" <sm+af at afrinic.net> escribió:

Dear Mr Wollner,
At 11:01 PM 11-02-2021, Paul Wollner wrote:
>Can you elaborate on the circumstances that led to the situation and
>how it has handled?

There wasn't a process in place to select the PDWG co-Chairs when the
current policy development process was implemented. The Board Chair
asked me whether I would agree to serve as PDWG co-Chair. The Board
Chair then proposed my name to the audience at the face-to-face PDWG
session. The persons in the room applauded. I was appointed by
acclamation as Interim PDWG co-Chair.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy

Board Chair, AFRINIC