[rpd] PDWG situation without co-chairs

S. Moonesamy sm+af at afrinic.net
Fri Feb 12 09:38:07 UTC 2021

Dear Mr Wollner,
At 11:01 PM 11-02-2021, Paul Wollner wrote:

>Can you elaborate on the circumstances that led to the situation and

>how it has handled?

There wasn't a process in place to select the PDWG co-Chairs when the
current policy development process was implemented. The Board Chair
asked me whether I would agree to serve as PDWG co-Chair. The Board
Chair then proposed my name to the audience at the face-to-face PDWG
session. The persons in the room applauded. I was appointed by
acclamation as Interim PDWG co-Chair.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy

Board Chair, AFRINIC