[rpd] REPORT ON Appeal against the non-consensus determination on proposal AFPUB-2019-GEN-006-DRAFT02 (RPKI ROAs for Unallocated and Unassigned AFRINIC Address Space ? Draft 2).

Ibeanusi Elvis ibeanusielvis at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 13:47:38 UTC 2021

Dear Jordi,

First, to make it clear, I am not in support of the policy.

In accordance with my earlier email, I was not aiming to suggest that the provision of RPKI should be stopped not stop the provision through the Whois and other DB’s the necessary information about legitimate resource holders for each address block but rather I was stipulating on the flexibility and independence of choice that the presence of the RPKI gives the resource holders.

Although the RPKI might not be mandatory but it is essential to have as it provides a verification of internet number resource. On the other hand, concerning the issue of a “healthy network”, were you trying to say that the current RPKI+ASO that the AFRINIC organization utilizes does not provide and promote a healthy network? And if network companies or organizations want to use use RPKI+ASO and want to have a healthy network, they have to run a manual filtering?

Best,
Elvis.