[rpd] REPORT ON Appeal against the non-consensus determination on proposal AFPUB-2019-GEN-006-DRAFT02 (RPKI ROAs for Unallocated and Unassigned AFRINIC Address Space ? Draft 2).

Nishal Goburdhan nishal at controlfreak.co.za
Mon Feb 1 08:45:43 UTC 2021

On 31 Jan 2021, at 03:52, Paschal Ochang <pascosoft at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello all,

> From my own point of view I do think this should be available in a

> consented form and optional form.

it. already. is.

the “economic” argument is fallacious; if you are an ISP and
can’t afford to setup a RP cache (ie. a virtual machine with 1GB of
RAM), there are many public validators you can use. in my community, i
operate six (6) free-to-use caches; this is a zero-dollar cost to
operators. discussing RP cache setup and use, is outside the scope of
this policy.

—n.