[rpd] Statement from Legal Counsel

Noah noah at neo.co.tz
Sat Dec 19 18:25:53 UTC 2020

On Fri, 18 Dec 2020, 08:38 ABDULKARIM OLOYEDE, <oloyede.aa at unilorin.edu.ng>
wrote:

> Dear Noah,

> Neither of the Co-chairs is subscribed to the Members list, as we do not

> own a single IP.

This is irrelevant because you perhaps didnt understand my point.

The Members list is not an extension of the rpd.

Part of my message included a query to Madhvi to confirm if you as
co-chairs are subscribed to the members list with read-only access.

Nonetheless whether or not you are, my concern still remains that you have
never showed any regard for AFRINIC staff impact assessments towards
proposals.

We only took into consideration issues raised on the rpd mailing list.

This is false. You actually suggested as co-chairs, what issues and changes
you wanted the authors of the proposals you hand-picked to advance into the
last call should make.

You were directed by the working group based of valid objections, to send
the resources transfer proposal to the list for further discussion and
instead you kept playing around with last call period with declaration of
rough consensus, consensus, no consensus and again consensus declaration
while giving the working group fortnight deadlines to comment on a proposal
which went from version 2 to version 3 and version 4 within a period of
less than two months, an unprecedented situation never seen before in the
policy development space.

You ignored AFRINIC staff assessment of either proposals and the concerns.

We care about AFRINIC

Repeating this line doesnt cut it because it's an irrelevant talking point
because those who actually care about AFRINIC need not to say.

and to the best of our ability, we shall do what we think is best for the

> community as directed by the community.

The cochairs before you attempted to find consensus without imposing onto
the working group their believes or subjectivity like you do.

Can we please confirm some of these things rather than making a false

> accusation on the mailing list?

Which accusations. Be specific.

Noah