[rpd] AFRINIC Staff's Procedure on Handling DPP's Submissions (was: "Community Feedback")

Sylvain Baya abscoco at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 12:45:14 UTC 2020

Dear all,

Hope y'all are doing well !

Le mer. 2 déc. 2020 09:48, Nishal Goburdhan <nishal at controlfreak.co.za> a
écrit :

> On 2 Dec 2020, at 6:29, ABDULKARIM OLOYEDE wrote:

> > Dear PDWG Members,

> > We want to acknowledge the proposal on Co-Chair Recall process

> please pause.

Hi Nishal,
...i'm extending your call to all this -Internet Resources- Policy
Community.

I chose to do exactly this because i use
to observe that this community is more
to discuss about cases submitted to
AC (Appeal Committee) than discussing issues
related to DPPs openned to discussions...

> consider that you are asking this WG if they want to fast track a

> proposal that you (the co-chairs and policy officer) have neither:

> #1 - disclosed to this working group;

...a clear failure on procedure and a
discrimination, probably, due to sort of
ignorance on the Netiquette [1] rules.

On the first quarter of this year 2020, the
cmNOG's community have started a try
to share [2] on best practices, defined by
the Netiquette [1] related to communication
on the Internet, with a focus on mailing lists'
interactions.

...i'm sure that the CPM (or PDP) needs small
clarifications to indicate that the community
should be guided by the Netiquette [1]. I can
help/contribute if someone wants to work on a
DPP...

> sorry, but some random gmail

> account posting a proprietary binary to this list, is *NOT* a policy

> submission. those of us that do not open attachments from random

> strangers are waiting for the text version to be posted to this list (as

> is the norm)

...this is a side effect of the direct
submissions, permitted by the PDP,
through the mailing list (RPD). Again,
maybe there is at least a possibility to
solve the problem through policy
submission's process : DPP :-/

> #2 - given an identifier to yet

Done now [3]!...but not for others like this
one [4].

> without even knowing the contents of the PDF, there are procedural steps

> involved in submission that you have not yet completed. it’s entirely

> unclear to me how you expect people to assess the value of this proposal

> when they have not yet had a chance to read it. and without assessing

> this value, it’s inconceivable that you would even consider fast

> tracking this.

...i hope that the PDWG's Chairs will catch it very
well this time.

> please, stick to the process.

...again, thank you for recalling it to us brother.
__
[1]: <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Etiquette_in_technology#Netiquette>
[2]: French <https://www.cmnog.cm/dokuwiki/webinars/cmnogwebinar2>
<https://youtu.be/KL66ljOF-fM>