[rpd] REQUEST TO RECALL THE AFRINIC PDWG CO-CHAIRS

Ibeanusi Elvis ibeanusielvis at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 00:38:28 UTC 2020

Dear Board; Dear all,

Following the language of the CPM’s current policy for Recall of the PDWG Co-chairs as stated in 3.5 Conflict Resolution, “…The AFRINIC Board of Directors shall appoint a recall committee, excluding the persons requesting the recall and the Working Group Chairs”. Based on the ongoing events in the AFRINIC’s RPD mailing list specifically exacerbated by the PDP decisions. I concur that most of the community or AFRINIC members decisions are already made up even prior to proper investigations and trial hearings. Thus, appointing Recall Committee members that its integrity will not be challenged and question often, or a committee with no conflict of interest and the decisions won’t be politicized or biased but rather their judgement will be based on the principle of impartiality, fairness and objectivity is going to be difficult.

Therefore, I advocate that the Board of Directors should appoint a Recall Committee composed of people from outside the AFRINIC region (APNIC, ARIN, RIPE NCC) whom has had no prior or past involvement with the AFRINIC before. This Recall Committee with the assistance of the AFRINIC staff will be provided with the necessary documents and information that will aid them in having a clear understanding of the present situation. The purpose of this appointment is to ensure that the Recall Committee’s judgement will be objective, fair and impartial thus not being a political decision.

Best,

Elvis.