[rpd] Decisions ... Abuse contact

Chloe Kung chloe.kung.public at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 14:53:52 UTC 2020

Hi Jaco,

I don’t see why you cannot find valid objections and hence think this proposal should be in the last call. I agree with Gaby. The fact that many of us are still discussing the matter and object the proposal in all different reasons, is the prove of there is no reaching rough consensus. And so we should not rush it into last call just because some think it’s doing good or all problems have been taken care of.

Like for objection d; no proper definition of the term Abuse, there is still a need to address on it. Yes the proposal is about “building” abuse contact, but just like what Jordi has said, “ The policy only needs to state what the staff should evaluate and thus, what members should do”, if the definition of the word/ act of Abuse is not clear, how can the staff evaluate such action then? Let's say if they interpret those cases in their own different ways, it will not be fair to any of the parties nor would it be something we want I suppose. And there are high chance of having mis-interpretation too!

Best,
Chloe