[rpd] Decisions ... Abuse contact

Frank Habicht geier at geier.ne.tz
Sun Oct 4 15:08:06 UTC 2020

Hi Ish,

On 04/10/2020 17:36, Ish Sookun wrote:

> Hi Madhvi,

> On 30/09/2020 10:08, Madhvi Gokool wrote:

>> b) "AFRINIC is bound by the Mauritian Data Protection Act 2017 (inspired

>> by GDPR). For more information on AFRINIC's Privacy Policy, click on the

>> following link - https://www.afrinic.net/privacy. Thus, implementation

>> of the abuse-c will not impact negatively on AFRINIC's data protection

>> obligations."

> Did AFRINIC staff contact the Data Protection Commissioner to have her

> comments and/or advice on this matter?

I'm not trying to answer for AfriNIC (staff); I expect you will get an
answer from them.

But I'm wondering what makes you ask the question.

- about 1st sentence quoted from staff above:
sure the Data Protection Commissioner would confirm that AfriNIC is
bound by that act.

- about 2nd sentence quoted from staff above:
no-op.there's a link with info.

- about 3rd sentence quoted from staff above:
I wonder how you think implementation of abuse-c will be any different
from current mandatory admin-c and tech-c .
How would it create more exposure?

Thanks,
Frank