[rpd] Policy Compliance Dashboard - AFPUB-2020-GEN-001-DRAFT01

Beatrix Kispal kispal.beatrix01 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 07:34:50 UTC 2020

Dear all,

As many before me expressed their concerns, I have to agree especially with
the following points:

In the case of this proposal, for example under 4. Lack of Compliance
(AFRINIC will be able to initiate a more exhaustive investigation and take
further actions) or under 5. Service Withholding, Revocation or Member
Closure) a.: AFRINIC will attempt to contact the member and rectify the
situation., etc

All these points clearly show a waste of resources of AFRINIC, which could
be much better divided, where there is a stronger need for them, especially
in the current situation.
Furthermore, all these points and added layers massively overcomplicate the
system, which can lead to many confused and/ or overwhelmed members (by all
the sent notifications, which could lead to not checking the system at all)
, who might be discouraged by this confusion and will not do anything about
the violations.

Meanwhile, members, who anyway violate policies are aware of their actions
and choose to proceed anyway, therefore the dashboard would be ignored in
any case.

Therefore I oppose this policy.

Beatrix