[rpd] RPKI ROAs for Unallocated and Unassigned AFRINIC Address Space AFPUB-2019-GEN-006-DRAFT02

Noah noah at neo.co.tz
Wed Sep 16 21:52:25 UTC 2020

HI Ekaterina,

Unless you point to exactly what part of the policy proposal text you do
not agree with or support then your blunt opposition to the proposal
without clear basis is unfounded.

And by the way, wow will people lose connectivity yet the proposal is clear
on the prefixes/routes being tagged with AS0 are* unallocated and
unassigned*?

FYI, a similar proposal addressing the same has been passed at APNIC
(another RIR).

https://www.apnic.net/community/policy/proposals/prop-132

And fwiw at APNIC, the same policy has been implemented. Please read
through the link below before jumping to conclusions.

In a nutshell, there is perfectly everything right with AFRINIC adopting
this policy in order to also participate in enhancing internet security and
as such read below article [1] if you will.

Cheers,
*./noah*
neo - network engineering and operations

[1]
https://www.internetsociety.org/blog/2019/02/apnic-enhances-support-for-routing-security/

PS: This talk about extending AFRINIC power etc is fear mongering and
pointless since AFRINIC like any other registry is a bottom-up driven
organization.