[rpd] RPKI ROAs for Unallocated and Unassigned AFRINIC Address Space AFPUB-2019-GEN-006-DRAFT02

Ekaterina Kalugina kay.k.prof at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 21:13:38 UTC 2020

Dear all,

I believe this policy would extend AFRINIC's power way beyond its control.
AFRINIC is a registration entity and should not have authority over RPKI.
Having such would run the risk of Internet centralization and undermine the
legitimacy of AFRINIC as an impartial institution.

In addition, currently if there is a registration error, it is just a
registration error. However, if a registration error occurs with RPKI AS0,
people will actually lose their connectivity.

For these reasons, I oppose this policy.

Best wishes,

Ekaterina Kay Kalugina