[rpd] Revised Proposal | Resource Transfer Policy (Draft-2)

Fernando Frediani fhfrediani at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 04:49:44 UTC 2020

I see that point 5.7.3.2 goes in the opposite way of the obvious.
If an organization gave up of its IP address space because it doesn't
have usage for it anymore, why would it be allowed to receive more
resources from AfriNic in short term ?
Organizations receive IP space upon justification expected to be used to
serve their customers in a certain time frame ahead. If sudden it
realizes these addresses are not necessary anymore and transfer them to
some other organization who really need them why would the source entity
be allowed to receive even further space ?
It is not correct to say it drags Afrinic service region backwards in
comparison to other RIRs. LACNIC and ARIN for example have similar
policies in regards this topic.

5.7.3.3. doesn't make sense either to be changed. The current text is
correct and has a proper reason to be like this, otherwise it opens
doors to fraud and to organizations to receive IP space form Afrinic and
immediately to transfer to someone else who cannot receive them anymore
under the current exhaustion rules.

Therefore I oppose this proposal.

Fernando