[rpd] Revised Proposal | Resource Transfer Policy (Draft-2)

Ibeanusi Elvis ibeanusielvis at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 14:40:49 UTC 2020

Hello Everyone,

My Name is Ibeanusi Elvis. I am a Masters student of Global Law, Politics
and Peace and Conflict Studies at the Tokyo University of Foreign Studies.
Highly Interested in Internet Governance and Policy Making specifically
within the AFRINIC service region.

In regards to this proposal, I support the Proposed Section 5.7.3.2 as
source entities are eligible to receive further IPv4 allocations or
assignments from AFRINIC as long as it complies with current policy
because a 12 month non-eligibility delay period after transfer
approval diminishes, hinders and is detrimental to the operational,
developmental and growth of businesses within the AFRINIC region. Hence,
dragging the African continent and AFRINIC service region backwards in
comparison with other RIRs.

Additionally, Section 5.7.3.2 and Section 5.7.5.3 ensures a swift
communication between the transferring and receiving RIRs to enhance a
smooth transfer and receive of allocations and assignments.

Best regards,
Ibeanusi Elvis .C.