[rpd] Revised Proposal | Chairs Elections Process (Draft-2)

John Ngwoke john.ngwoke at unn.edu.ng
Wed Sep 9 20:23:08 UTC 2020

The proposal is good, however, the word in the second paragraph, "The term
ends during the first Public Policy Meeting corresponding to the end of the
term for which they were appointed." for me, this could mean that the term
ends during the meeting, that is while the meeting is still going on. which
can be immediately the meeting starts or when the meeting has gone halfway
or even at the tail point of the meeting. So, it needs to be more clear.
I think that this "A term may begin or end no sooner than the first day of
the Public Policy Meeting and no later than the last day of the Public
Policy Meeting as determined by the mutual agreement of the current Chair
and the new Chair. " contradicts the earlier statement which clearly states
when the term ends.

I support this proposal if amended