[rpd] A Propos de se qui se Trame dans notre PWG

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Tue Sep 1 05:54:09 UTC 2020

Arnaud, the link you provided is for ranked choice voting. This is not election by consensus… This is an entirely different thing. Yes, you eventually get a candidate deemed acceptable to 50+% of the people who cast ballots, but that is not the same thing as consensus or even rough consensus.

You continue to repeat the same logical fallacy without listening to those who have repeatedly explained that the thing you are calling for is not the same as the thing you are claiming you are calling for. The proposal in question advocates election by consensus. It does not have a provision for ranked choice voting.

Owen