[rpd] Policy Compliance Dashboard - AFPUB-2020-GEN-001-DRAFT01

Chloe Kung chloe.kung.public at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 08:11:45 UTC 2020

Hi
I have read the proposals. And I think indeed having this policy compliance dashboard might provide a buffer before any serious and heavy penalty being taken when one member violates any of the policies, hence gives Afrinic the flexibility. However the proposal doesn’t have a comprehensive system of how the board should take the proper actions when there is violation, nor does it say what is considered to be appropriate actions to different levels of policy violation.

Also, I don’t think the problem that’s needed to be solved is tracking and sending notification of policy violation when there is one automatically as the tracking has always been done by the staff, but to understand the reasons behind or instructing them on how to resolve the problem. Not to mention it creates a loophole for the members to use their ignorance of the notification/reminder/warning since nothing guarantees they will be checking the dashboard.
Regards,
Chloe