[rpd] Policy Development Process and Elections

Ish Sookun ish at lsl.digital
Fri Aug 21 11:02:50 UTC 2020

Hi Jordi,

On 20/08/2020 19:46, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ via RPD wrote:

> At least in Spain if you make a claim to the police (not to the court),

> so they start a basic investigation, contact Google and get the data.

You used an example from Spain. I am from Mauritius and I can tell you
that the local media never reported that the Mauritian Police ever
obtained user data from Google. Besides the transparency report [1] of
Google relating to "requests for user information" does not list Mauritius.

I've had some experience dealing with officers of the cybercrime unit of
the Mauritius Police Force and I can tell you that it does not match
your example from Spain.

Regards,

Ish Sookun

[1] https://transparencyreport.google.com/user-data/overview?hl=en