[rpd] Policy Development Process and Elections

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ jordi.palet at consulintel.es
Fri Aug 21 17:02:21 UTC 2020

Hi Ish,

Yes and ack. I think I started clearly saying that may be is not the same in all the countries, and of course, I can use the example of the one that I'm used to.

I think is something that, precisely in Mauritius, AFRINIC can try to improve!

Very interesting link, I didn't know about it, but it clearly probes what I'm saying in many countries.

In the case of Spain, google is disclosing the requested information almost 60% of the time.

Mauritius is there but there was only 1 request some years and not ack by google ...

Regards,
Jordi
@jordipalet

El 21/8/20 13:03, "Ish Sookun" <ish at lsl.digital> escribió:

Hi Jordi,

On 20/08/2020 19:46, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ via RPD wrote:

> At least in Spain if you make a claim to the police (not to the court),
> so they start a basic investigation, contact Google and get the data.

You used an example from Spain. I am from Mauritius and I can tell you
that the local media never reported that the Mauritian Police ever
obtained user data from Google. Besides the transparency report [1] of
Google relating to "requests for user information" does not list Mauritius.

I've had some experience dealing with officers of the cybercrime unit of
the Mauritius Police Force and I can tell you that it does not match
your example from Spain.

Regards,

Ish Sookun

[1] https://transparencyreport.google.com/user-data/overview?hl=en