[rpd] "Abuse Contact Policy Update" (AFPUB-2018-GEN-001-DRAFT06)

Frank Habicht geier at geier.ne.tz
Mon Aug 17 07:51:54 UTC 2020

Hi,

On 17/08/2020 07:30, Noah wrote:

> 6 months is too long for periodic validation. Can that be updated

> immediately to a much shorter period say monthly or quarterly.

I was initially thinking 6 months is too short.

But I think Jordi found a good compromise.
And he rightly left some freedom for AfriNIC staff regarding the details.

The right interval after all considerations and all opinions from the
RPD list might be 6.78 months or 5.18 months, but is that very important?

I believe it's more important that we get the policy passed, as good as
we can.

Details like the precise interval (where there will always be someone
who will suggest half a month difference), we can in my opinion postpone
after we have resolved the much more important question about the colour
of the bike shed at AfriNIC's office building. I want blue!

Frank