[rpd] Co-Chair Election Process

Daniel Yakmut yakmutd at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 20 06:06:10 UTC 2020

Dear All,

We arrive at the airport and I will be turning the simple matter placed on
the table into a circus. The simple matter was:

1. We will have AIS 2020 online and in September.
2. A Co-chair's tenure has already ended. So an electronic election is
being proposed as part of the AIS 2020 Agenda. The question is, is this
possible?
3. It is a fact that the Co-chair is currently serving within an extended
period.
4. We now agree that the introduction of e-voting is inevitable, as
demonstrated by the pandemic.

However it is clear that
1. We are going to have an online meeting , as nobody has disagreed to that.
2. There is a strong advocacy, for a process to include e-voting in the
Region, but the timing is short. Therefore we need to commence the plan of
creating an enabling atmosphere to integrate e-voting.
3. We need to ratify the extended period for a co-chair tentatively for
12months. Which he has spent a month or so already.
4. Ensure we have an acceptable e-voting system ready for the next date of
election.
5. Let agreed clearly on this simple issue and prepare for the coming
meeting.

Simply
Daniel