[rpd] Co-Chair Election Process

Fernando Frediani fhfrediani at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 12:11:57 UTC 2020

Hello Daniel

Thanks for putting a resume. So to add up I have the following:

1 - Section 3.3 of the PDP it says: "/The PDWG Chairs are chosen by the
AFRINIC community during the Public Policy Meeting and serve staggered
two-year terms/". The Public Policy Meeting will be held online. It also
says: "/Anyone present at the meeting, whether in person *or by remote
participation*, may participate in the selection process for a temporary
Chair./"

2 - Who can be present at this meeting ? Only those present (therefore
registered) to participate, not all registered in this email list.

3 - The choosing of the e-voting system is a AfriNic staff task and
there are different system already used for the very same proposes as
for example the LACNIC's one. It must be a system that allow people to
verify their vote was cast correctly and be fully auditable.

4 - In order to either choose another Co-Chair or to extend the current
one term there must be a vote with raise of hands. There is no other way
out of the PDP this can be done.

Regards
Fernando