[rpd] Etiquette

Noah noah at neo.co.tz
Sun Jun 14 18:17:19 UTC 2020

On Fri, 12 Jun 2020, 00:12 Mike Silber, <silber.mike at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ish +1

> I really think this has gone on long enough.

> The community have given the cochairs very constructive feedback, which

> hopefully they will consider going forward.

> I am not sure there is much purpose relitigating the issue - unless the

> intent it to sow further division.

> Mike

Hi Mike,

I doubt that anyone herein participate with an aim of sowing division.

What I have noted in my few years of participating through various working
groups discussion as relates to policy proposals and sometimes topics of
interest to the policy development process is sheer ignorance.

Spending some time to read through the CPM for starters could come in handy
to help avoid so much of the confusion from most participants, who would go
on to benefit from understanding some aspects of the PDWG and its scope as
related to the policy development process.

> On Thu, 11 Jun 2020 at 07:08, Ish Sookun <ish at lsl.digital> wrote:

>> Dear all,

>> Upon reading this, I ponder, whether the AFRINIC community members

>> require an established mailing list netiquette written and accepted by

>> members joining the lists?

Hi Ish

Most AfriNIC mailing lists are free to join by any one and no folks should
not need some written netiquette to join since common sense is assumed for
participation.

The Code of Conduct has existed for few years now but its implementation
has been met with a lot of controversy over the years due to intentional
misinterpretation and sometimes selective enforcement of it specifically by
various cochairs.

>> Every now and then I read an email where someone is reminding somebody

>> else (or everybody) on the need to respect others opinion. This should

>> not be reminded; it should be a de facto thing to adhere when joining.

One would assume that is the case after all.

Cheers
Noah