[rpd] APPEAL COMMITTEE FINAL REPORT - Re: appeal about last call decision on AFPUB-2019-GEN-006-DRAFT01 "RPKI ROAs for Unal

Arnaud AMELINA amelnaud at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 22:02:15 UTC 2020

Hello,

The whole thing seems broken... we decided since 2017 to fix the PDP as it
became obvious that, the current PDP is no longer suitable to the new
context.

The new proposal was to move from the current 30-days before PPM
requirement to working group ownership of proposal with a more structured
way of advancing a proposal:
⁃ adoption phase
⁃ Discussion phase
⁃ Review phase
⁃ Concluding phase

A new appeal process and composition of the AC was included

As the new proposal has evolved through several versions... you may want
to consult version 2 to read about the change to the AC composition, which
was changed later, as some suggested the current AC model is good enough

All along we heard “don’t fix what is not broken”, “proposal is too
complex”, certain things are good for RIPE region and not for this
region”.....

We have seen later on, multiple other proposals to amend parts of the
current PDP. I hope this Appeal saga helps convince people of the necessity
of a new and comprehensive PDP.
We should have fixed this board appoint AC which led to ToR contradiction
with PDP

Arnaud (co-author of PDP-bis)