[rpd] inputs on IPv4 Inter-RIR policy proposals

Ish Sookun ish.sookun at lasentinelle.mu
Sun Jul 14 06:58:13 UTC 2019

Hi Lee,

On 7/13/19 11:53 PM, Lee Howard wrote:

> While I think this is a good idea, I think the idea that the Board could

> halt the inter-RIR transfer if it's too imbalanced makes more sense.

The Board intervention sounds more "feasible" than having a complex
three-party contract where the risk for the lessee is higher.

However, the idea I tossed earlier in this thread was to introduce a
mechanism that could prevent the moving out of IPv4 addresses en masse,
rather than having to rely on Board's intervention. Having a cap on the
amount of resources per transfer and limiting the period of transfer
could help.

Do we have any precedent of the Board's intervention in such a case?

Regards,

Ish Sookun