[rpd] Legacy holders?

Mike Silber silber.mike at gmail.com
Thu Jul 4 06:23:14 UTC 2019

Hi Noah

On Wed, 03 Jul 2019 at 23:27, Noah <noah at neo.co.tz> wrote:

> Hi Mike

>> Your own employer operates (or had operated) perfectly lawfully in a

>> number of countries without a licence.

> Dont be confused Mike, a member can lodge the application for INR in one

> country and still use them in other countries within AFRICA. We are talking

> about the application process for INR and the country in which folks apply

> from and what I was saying is that so often, member services will request

> for a license from the regulator.

I think you are confused. You may want to check the history of AS37100.

You can tell me (off-list if you prefer) what licence and from which
regulator it held when it initially applied for resources?

> You are instead confusing with network operations.

> Again dont be confused, application for INR in one country to use them for

> numbering networks in that country and other countries within AFRICA in

> encouraged by AfriNIC, after all this is the mandate of AFRINIC, to

> allocate/assign INR resources for use within AFRICA to promote the

> development of the African Internet we we are doing.

I am not confused. What if an ISP operates perfectly lawfully without a
licence in any jurisdiction?

Mike