[rpd] Legacy holders?

Mike Silber silber.mike at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 20:26:12 UTC 2019

Hi Noah

On Wed, 03 Jul 2019 at 22:06, Noah <noah at neo.co.tz> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 3, 2019 at 6:21 AM Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:

>> Do they enforce this requirement in countries where no such license is

>> required?

> I dont know of any country with no telecommunications regulatory authority

> in Africa but from my personal experience, I have found it rather great

> that AfriNIC members services asks for such licenses since they are

> mandated with the management of Internet Number Resources in Africa.

That was not the question asked.

Your own employer operates (or had operated) perfectly lawfully in a number
of countries without a licence.

I am guessing they aren’t planning on handing back resources (or being
denied resources) because they don’t have a licence in every territory in
which their resources are used?

Why is it any different for other members?

Might be with remembering the first rule of holes.

Mike