[rpd] Fwd: [arin-ppml] Micfo

Frank Habicht geier at geier.ne.tz
Thu May 16 16:19:40 UTC 2019

Hi,

On 16/05/2019 19:02, Noah wrote:
> On Thu, 16 May 2019, 18:19 Frank Habicht, <geier at geier.ne.tz
> <mailto:geier at geier.ne.tz>> wrote:
>     I just say that with the current RSA effective action by AfriNIC is
>     possible. [1]
>
>     And that's all that matters.
>

> Others are saying otherwise and I am not sure if there is any evidence
> to show that the AfriNIC RSA is effective in terms of ensuring
> compliance in cases of abuse or fraud....

I don't need evidence that "the AfriNIC RSA is effective". I just
believe it.

You need to show evidence that AfriNIC RSA is NOT effective, if you (or
someone else) want(s) to justify a policy change. We're waiting for it.

In the ARIN region they call this the "burden of proof".
I'm ok with the status quo.

> In the past some members have closed their entities and their INR
> recovered while others have voluntarily returned INR as per records from
> AfriNIC....

Sorry: irrelevant.

>     PS: ARIN is different from AfriNIC. there's a reason there are 5
>     different RIRs.
>

> Well dont we all know that we have 5 different RIR's...........
>
> While you may believe they are different, their similarities outweigh
> their differences imho

and the differences are enough to justify "duplication" of having 5
organisations doing "the same thing". [1]

> and the Internet Protocol is the same across the
> board.

Ehm.... we knew this. But thanks.

Greetings,
Frank

[1] according to Owen they made policy additions to limit the powers of
the RIR to go after members.

PS: am I understanding it right that this discussion is still about
AFPUB-2016-GEN-001-DRAFT-06 "Internet Number Resources Review by AFRINIC"?