[rpd] Fwd: [arin-ppml] Micfo

Noah noah at neo.co.tz
Thu May 16 16:02:29 UTC 2019

On Thu, 16 May 2019, 18:19 Frank Habicht, <geier at geier.ne.tz> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 16/05/2019 10:53, Noah wrote:
> > Ok, lets just "*assume*" that you don't need policy to address fraud.
> > Then what is the purpose of section 12 of the ARIN (Number Resource
> > Policy Manual) [1] ?
>

> I'm not going to read any ARIN documents, or comment about their reasons.

I dont understand what you are saying...because as far as i know ....no one
has forced any one to read or comment on ARIN documents.

Those of us who care to read and reference other RIR work do so at our own
pleasure.

> I just say that with the current RSA effective action by AfriNIC is
> possible. [1]
>
> And that's all that matters.

Others are saying otherwise and I am not sure if there is any evidence to
show that the AfriNIC RSA is effective in terms of ensuring compliance in
cases of abuse or fraud....

In the past some members have closed their entities and their INR recovered
while others have voluntarily returned INR as per records from AfriNIC....

> PS: ARIN is different from AfriNIC. there's a reason there are 5
> different RIRs.

Well dont we all know that we have 5 different RIR's............

While you may believe they are different, their similarities outweigh their
differences imho and the Internet Protocol is the same across the board.

Noah