[rpd] Exhaustion Phase 2

S. Moonesamy sm+af at afrinic.net
Wed May 15 17:59:58 UTC 2019

Dear Lee,
At 09:43 AM 15-05-2019, Lee Howard wrote:
>We're about six months from that date?
>http://www.potaroo.net/tools/ipv4/index.html

28.28% of the last /8 is currently available.  I suggest looking at
it in terms of IPv4 address space requested by a Resource Member
which has to be from that.

>Or maybe it's twelve months, and then 3-6 months to use up that /12.

There will likely be IPv4 address space to fulfill requests for
minimal IPv4 address space for longer than that [1].

>Would recovered addresses change what phase we're in, or are phases
>one way gates?

The soft-landing policy was constructed as a one way gate.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy

1. There are several assumptions which may affect the time.