[rpd] Exhaustion Phase 2

Lee Howard lee.howard at retevia.net
Wed May 15 16:43:35 UTC 2019

On 5/15/19 11:44 AM, S. Moonesamy wrote:
> Dear Lee,
> At 12:57 PM 12-05-2019, Lee Howard wrote:
>> As I understand the existing policies, in the next few months we will
>> enter Exhaustion Phase 2, where only a single /12 remains for
>> allocation (with another /12 reserved for something). If addresses
>> are recovered under this proposal, could it bring us back to
>
> The Exhaustion Phase 2 will begin when no more than a /11 of
> non-reserved space is available in the Final /8.

Right, but only one /12 will be allocated from that /11. A proposal for
what to do with the remaining /12 did not achieve consensus.

We're about six months from that date?
http://www.potaroo.net/tools/ipv4/index.html

Or maybe it's twelve months, and then 3-6 months to use up that /12.

Would recovered addresses change what phase we're in, or are phases one
way gates?

Lee